Sanctuary Christian Counselling Centre known as “The Sanctuary” was birthed out of a vision laid upon Olga Frederick’s heart.
To set up an interdenominational counselling Centre in Gauteng. The Centre will be a place of healing, discipleship and transformation
through the power of God’s touch on people’s lives.
- To offer basic counselling services that are high quality, professional, donation based, interdenominational, partner driven and volunteer- intensive to members of our local community
- To offer high quality and professional training, counselling facilities to the local churches and the community.
- To help people depend on Christ and to show people that their answer to their problems lies in Christ and in His transforming power.
- To provide an opportunity for people to be introduced to Christ.
Often pastors and leaders are overloaded with the running of the church and don't always have time to counsel members of their churches. The need is great! There are often members in their congregation who have the gift of caring and counselling but who are not adequately trained. Churches do not always have the necessary resources to train or run a Counselling Centre. With this in mind, we are offering the Basic Counselling Course, Intermediate and Advanced Counselling courses to train those who feel called into this ministry. Other courses we have run are: “Journey to Wholeness” and “Restoring relationships”. We are hoping to offer in the future various support groups: i.e. sexual abuse etc.
We are praying and hoping to be seen as a support to the local churches where not only will training be offered, but also counselling to assist with the overload of counselling that is often seen at churches. We are asking that you support us through:
- Sending lay people who you feel have this calling to be trained
- Sending people to us to be counselled